Saturday, April 13, 2013

2013 Qing Ming Festival

I got a call from Dad on Friday afternoon and he said he wanted to send offerings to his ancestors which is his grandparents on Sunday. I couldn't hear properly whether it was his grandparents or mine. As far as I know his parents or mine grandparents were Christians so why celebrate Qing Ming when its a Taoism practise. Anyway I asked who else was going and he said he would ask around. Later in the next day he mentioned its was supposed to be on Sat afternoon instead , sigh! there goes our quiet day at the mall. So off I sent Brandon to tuition center and everyone else back home while I went back and sent the sofa cover for dry cleaning then packed lunch and brought back Brandon from tuition. Then after lunch rushed to fetch Mum from Nyuk Khees place at Desa Sri Hartamas. Only Daniel was around with baby Natalie while Nyuk Khee was still at the church.

When we got back to Serdang had a call from Dad (last minute again) that he had to go to NSK to get some fruits. Huh? as if the whole of Serdang there nobody sells fruits he had to go to OKR to get them. So we had to wait for him to come back to TUI before we can make a move. By the time he reached it was abt 315pm. After Dad had had his fill of chicken rice and screaming sessions at Mom , we finally made a move by 340pm. So on and on Dad will talk about the good old days while I try to navigate to this cemetery grounds at Sg Kantan, Kajang. Frankly after being on earth for close to 40 years this is one of the rare occasions that I visited my ancestors grave. I was thinking by myself of Dads behavior as well after all these years this was the only time he showed any interest to show his respects.Why now? Based on his feedback, well I didn't ask him directly , it seems that he believed that he couldn't get rich all this while was because he didn't get blessings from his ancestors as he never showed his respects during Qing Ming festivals. Some excerpts from other sites Qing Ming Festival Secrets Unveil, China,A Grave Day–the Culture of Death! Inhumation. In the end it was only me going where as the rest of my siblings had other plans instead. Sigh! how convenient, what to do ! being the eldest and also the only son that is still has a bit of conscience left, this was the least I could do for my parents.


So reached the burial ground and found a very distinguished burial site which is the biggest and brightest burial cemetery plot with a fencing around it. Based on what Dad mentioned it was because his grandparents had arranged it as his grand dad was actually a gangster head. And he arranged it that he could get his prosperity for him and his generations after him. That he was actually quite a good chef as he taught the founders of the Jln Silang Soong Kee Beef Noodles at Petaling St. True or not , I don't know that was what he said. Knowing Dad everything he said was part truth part myth.
The menu of the day were chicken rice , some oranges and pineapples, lots of Chinese paper money to be burn with joss sticks and candles.

The view up there was quite good as there was 1 very distinguished structure which was the broadcasting RTM station towers which had about 7 very high towers. Nothing mucha has been written abiut it except for this excerpt from wikipedia. Radio Televisyen Malaysia Kajang  


After everything was done which was 2 sets of cemetery plot we proceeded to leave about 530pm and by the time I reached home at Setapak I was damn tired as Lucas was screaming and puking the night before I couldn't get much sleep anyway.

13042013003 from Pang on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment