Sunday, August 6, 2017

Happenings in 1st weekend Aug 2017

It has been quite an adventure , its been 11 years since I had joined the company and without realising I had changed quite a number of superiors and yet Im still here. But no more, with the recent restructuring exercise of the company into Pure play. It meant that we had to fend for ourselves with no permanent ties with the subsidiaries. So it began with my annual review . For the past 11 years, I had never expected much as I had poured in my focus and energy to do my best and to learn as much as possible, that I had a rating of 3+/5. This time I was given the bad news that I was recalibrated to 2. I was devastated , what had I done to deserve this? I had talked to EC and then MN but the results were the same. There was no turning back. The reason given was I wasn't leading enough compared to the other AVPII and that I got complained by the others esp the ppl from SI. That was the death nail for me. So I was depressed for a few days while tormented with my decision whether to stay or leave. With the upcoming tough trip back to WNB, I decided enough is enough. If they thought that I wasn't good enough , so be it. A lot of people thought I was being rash but after spending so much of my time here but unappreciated then its time for me to say goodbye. Another was having felt passed over as I saw BH was promoted soon after to AVPI, EH is also eyeing on my position. Sigh! how could these incompetent fools ever justify for their lack of technical and functional competency. Its becoz the bosses are looking for pure leadership capabilities, the other things you have are just frills. So immediately after I had tendered I sent out applications letters after letters to every lead I could find including announcing it to my colleagues and ex-c to try to find out if they have some contacts as well. Well currently its only been a week but I had met up with our current partners from Deloitte- PR. He was quite supportive and he had brought along another colleague CN who knows my current bosses. Immediately I felt sick as I felt this must be another one of those cronies who were biased. I got interviewed for a few hours at KLH with a few drinks as well. I dont really know what to make out of it as they made an ultimatum for me to join them or not when Im ready. In the meantime their HR team was quite fast to fix me up for a technical competency interview by a another manager on top of the background interview which they did earlier. Well the results wasnt nice as I got stood up last minute so we just have to see. Later got introduced by TY to meet up at his current employers office at MD. The interview was quickly done by the Finance lead, some guy with effeminate behavior. It doesn't bother me much but I felt quite demotivated as I needed to justify my predicament and my asking price. Well it ended and I still haven't heard from them yet after a week. Had quite a lengthy talk to TY later downstairs but didn't change much on my situation. Was mentioned that they don't pay over 30% above the last salary. Oh shit and I was asking for 50% jump. So I was back at work with nothing much to do anyway I tried to send as many applications as I can. Still the wait is quite long. Over the week I had a big quarrel with Deb that I didn't tell her on the exact date that I tendered my notice. Knowing how sensitive she is I apologised and we made up after that. Over the weekend I try to be the best father as I could. Sent Deb to work then came back to bring the 2 for breakfast and tuition. Afterwards dropped BP to CLC, went JJ for groceries and I was becoming aware of not overspending these days as the money would be hard to come by if my next job doesn't come. All these worries me and its tugging feeling at my heart worrying. Not much I could do anyway but just kept moving. Took the 2 back from tuition , then tapao lunch for them as well. Picked up BP from CLC later and waited for Deb to finish work. Had some discussion with T abt RP education at CLC which is far from ideal so she encouraged me to find another place for her. But where?Sigh another headache. Sigh ! think about it later when the time came picked the 2 and went to pick up Deb to go PBLKA. It was all fun and games ride at the park. Luckily its free and the 2 had so much fun. Then had dinner at BGS and saw they were having some Jap products fair. Overall was quite tired by the time we finished eating and so planned to go home but the 2 wanted to play again, sigh! So got home a little later but as long as they were happy.
The next day was an adventure for me as well. BP wanted to meet his classmates house at Cheras . So had to prod him for the exact address and contact for the place he was supposed to be. Had him prepared as much as I could and I sent him off on LRT switched to MRT. It was quite a nice ride and I had drilled with him how to get to his friends house. At least the father was able to pick him up to their house and then I came back afterwards. Brought out the kids later to SC to have some NL for breakfast and also to enjoy the air cond. Tried to spend some time before sending RP with Deb for their ballet lessons at DP. Later dropped off T and LP at HC before returning home to change cars and rest awhile. Then kept calling to check up on him. It seems the friends dad couldn't send him back to MRT. I tried convincing BP to get other parents to drop him off but he was very embarrassed to ask. So he would rather pay and stand in the hot outside the guard house to get Grab to the MRT. Anyway as long as he is safe. Picked him up and then went to pick up Deb and RP back to no.2. Had a quick nap and then planned for dinner at MM, picked up the rest and off we went. The whole place was crowded and in between took BP for a haircut which was supposed to be buy 1 free 1, Was a bit reluctant to cut again , nvm end of the month will try again. Then had dinner at TL Thai food, was quite nice later on we suffered as was feeling bloated and kept farting whole night. By the time we got back I was watching TV but still couldn't sleep. So continued watching the videos that was watching halfway and also GOT. It was a great episode in the end went back to sleep at 245am now feeling like a zombie. The next morning I was feeling groggy but still had to make breakfast for BP, don't know why nowadays he likes to sleep naked like LP. Couldn't get him up earlier but after finished cooking woke him later so that he could prepare for school. Later on dropped him off made sure he had some cash allowance then off to send LP to school. LP was his slow usual pace asking a lot of questions and talking abt the terms and games he saw the other day. Sigh waited for him to finish his hot dog bun and kept reminding abt school starting soon. He is still his usual self taking his own sweet time to finish his meal and drink. By the time I sent him to school , I went off to work. During the drive I kept thinking of that special letter from a father to their children. Obama

No comments:

Post a Comment